Personalizing Sweet 16 Invitations
Prepping for a sweet 16 party is an exciting time and putting a personal twist on the invitations is a great way to celebrate and show off your child’s personality. Here are some ideas for personalizing those invitations.
Making Cards From Scratch
- Start off with any color card stock; it can be your child’s favorite color or a color that matches the party theme.
You can also opt for blank cards and envelopes instead of the card stock.
- The card stock can be folded to open and close or can be cut into particular sizes to be a one sided invitation.
- Use scrapbook embellishments to decorate the card. There are so many to choose from that you are sure to find anything to match your child’s personality or theme.
- To include the party details, there are rubber stampers or rub on transfers that can be used. Or, use elegant calligraphy/handwriting using different colored sharpies or pens.
Create a Mini Memory Book
- Use thick card stock for the front and back of the booklet. The booklet size can be the size of a small envelope or larger if desired. A nice size is 4×3.
- Once you choose your size, punch 2-3 holes on the edge of the cover. (Use shaped hole punchers for more personality.)
- Decorate the front with scrapbook embellishments.
- Then choose how many pages you would like to put in the memory book. Have the first page consist of the party details.
- Choose pictures of the birthday girl and groups of friends to include on each page (can be front and back of each page).
- Tie the book pages together using colorful ribbon.
- Remember if there are a lot of pages or embellishments used, you may need extra postage to send them via mail. If handing them out in person, embellish away!
Here’s another idea: give out personalized sweet 16 favors as your invitation to each party guest! Just include a gift tag with each to give party times, locations, and dates.